Here are just some examples of our outstanding accomplishments:
Motivated by a goal “to be the best junior alpine racing program in the country”, the Park City Ski Team has enjoyed unprecedented athletic success, developing some of the finest athletes both male and female, in the United States at collegiate, national and international levels.
Although only a small percentage of athletes realize the dream of international ski racing success, the lessons learned in the process prepare all of our athletes to become focused and driven and to contribute as positive role models and productive participants in whatever future pursuits they take on.
- 100% of PCST athletes tested by the USSA since 2000 have passed conditioning testing.
- Graduating seniors have moved on to top NCAA colleges including Dartmouth, Williams, Middlebury, University of Utah, University of Colorado, Denver University, Williams College, Harvard, Colby, University of Nevada and many others.
- 15 athletes graduated from the PCST to the US Ski Team since 1999.
- PCST named as USSA’s Alpine Club of the Year for 2000 & 2005.
- 4 PCST athletes qualified to the 2002 World Junior Championships.
- Adam Cole won the downhill and Steven Nyman won the slalom at the 2002 World Junior Championships.
- Bryon Friedman, Steven Nyman, Resi Stiegler and Ted Ligety won US National Championship events since 2002.
- 16 PCST athletes qualified to the US National Championships in 2004, more than any other team in the country.
- PCST named as top performing program in 2004 by Ski Racing Magazine.
- 4 PCST alumni named to the 2005 World Championships.
- PCST named as USSA’s Alpine Club of the Year and Program of the Year for 2005.
- 2 current athletes and 3 alumni named to 2005 World Junior Championships.
- Scott Veenis won the GS at the 2006 NCAA National Championships.
- Megan McJames won 2 Nor Am titles in 2006, qualifying her for next seasonâs World Cup.
- Three alumni compete in the 2006 Torino Olympic Games.
- Ted Ligety won Olympic Gold in the Alpine Combined.
- Adam Cole becomes second man to win both GS and SL NCAA National Titles in 2007.
- 10 PCST alumni named to 2007 US Ski Team.
- Five PCST alumni named to 2010 Vancouver Olympic Team.